Monday 17 November 2008

Goals, Flu and Streakers

I started last week with a goal to ride each day of the week. Monday and Tuesday mornings I was out exploring Karawatha Forest on my pat malone. Wednesday morning I spent chasing Meg and friend around South Boundary Road and only catching her when she stopped and waited for me. Then Thursday came and so did a very sore throat, fever and feeling miserable. Friday I stayed home from work sick - I had intended doing the Eastern Escarpment but too sick, too wet.

Saturday I had bought tickets for the Rugby League World Cup game - NZ v England and had promised my son we would go so I dragged myself along to watch the game. The highlight of the game - other than the Poms getting beaten - was a streaker who ran across the filed and did a handstand on the halfway line - what gets into these guys?

Now it's Monday and the rain is still coming down and I am still coughing. Hopefully I can get on the bike in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment