Sunday 19 October 2008

Freedom Marathon - Sat 18th October 2008

I was still smiling after 60km and almost 6 hours in the saddle. That was some ride. It was either uphill or downhill all the way. One section was almost 9km continuous downhill. I was a bit too casual in my approach to the ride stopping too often to help people with broken chains, flats, etc - I don't mean don't help where necessary but it was the theory of "many hands make light work" and I wasn't needed.

My son Tim and I arrived at Rummery Park camp grounds on Friday at around 1pm and set up our tent. It rained most of the afternoon as we set up but promptly stopped at about 5pm and didn't rain again all weekend. We met lots of friends and other riders and it was a great weekend and well worth the 3 hour drive from Brisbane. We will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment