Sunday 25 May 2008

Queen Mary Falls Adventure Ride






(Credits to OUTDOORGAZ for the photos)




The family and I went down to Queen Mary Falls for the annual mtb adventure ride courtesy of MADMIKE, The weather was crisp on Saturday morning but seeing we didn't start the ride until 10am and it didn't take long to warm up the weather was just great. I made the fatal mistake of putting on new chainrings, new chain and thinking the rear cassette looked "fine". You guessed it - 52km of chain skip was my reward for stupidity. Why is it that hindsight can be so clear? I basically had two gears big chain ring/smallest ring and small chain ring/biggest ring. Everything in between was skip skip skip. But I was determined to enjoy the ride and blasted when and where I could. I was great views plenty of fun moments with thrills and spills and sore legs at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment